Subject: Re: etcupdate and atf-run.hooks
To: Sarton O'Brien <bsd-xen@roguewrt.org>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@softjar.se>
List: current-users
Date: 12/20/2007 08:49:48
Sarton O'Brien skrev:
> Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
>>> For the first time I ran into:
>>>
>>> make: don't know how to make atf-run.hooks. Stop
>>
>> Yup -- I saw that, too.
>
> Yes, I noticed ... it was the only reference on the net I could find and
> it was supposedly solved by finding a clue in the BUGS section of the
> man page, talk about cryptic! :)
>
> Having always etcupdated the default way, it took me a while to figure
> out what I should be doing. Still not sure if using -s <file> is now
> required? Why does the default way now break?

I think it's broken. But that's just my opinion.
etcupdate dives into /usr/src/etc, and does a make there. Obviously, that make
now fails. I consider that bad.
I haven't checked what is done differently when a build is done, since that will
do something similar as well, and that don't break.

	Johnny

email: bqt@softjar.se             ||  Reading murder books