Subject: Re: Call for testers: ACPI suspend/resume, part 2
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org, port-i386@NetBSD.org,>
From: Alan Barrett <apb@cequrux.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/20/2007 09:19:23
On Wed, 19 Dec 2007, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> Real APM is deprecated :-) There's a second kernel for that...

I don't like that.  Plenty of machines were manufactured with APM and no
ACPI, or APM and broken ACPI, and some of those machines are still in
use.  I think we should try to support them.

I haven't actually used APM recently, but I build my kernels with

	apm* at mainbus0
	apm* at acpi?

As somebody else mentioned, a "disabled" keyword in the config(5) syntax
would be nice.  Then we could build kernels with

	apm* at mainbus0 disabled
	apm* at acpi?

and enable apm at mainbus via userconf(4).

--apb (Alan Barrett)