Subject: ACPI notify events (was: Bogus ACPI battery information in recent current)
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Sverre Froyen <sverre@viewmark.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/17/2007 07:51:15
Hi,

My issue with the AC adaptor status not being detected correctly turns out to
be a little broader that I first though.  I put a few printfs in acpi_acad.c
and noticed that acpiacad_notify_handler was never called.  Hence, the flag
AACAD_F_AVAILABLE does not get set so the adaptor status changes will not be
noticed.  (If I make the call to acpiacad_get_status in acpiacad_refresh
unconditional, envstat detects the status changes correctly.)

It actually looks like no acpi notify method gets called.  A printf in
acpibat_notify_handler shows that it does not get called when the battery is
removed.  My power button is also non-operational (acpibut_notify_handler?).

I'll be happy to help track this down but I need a pointer to where to look
next.

This is i386 current from the morning of 15 Dec.

Thanks,

Sverre