Subject: Re: X server falls down after resuming
To: None <kimoto@ohnolab.org>
From: Takahiro Kambe <taca@back-street.net>
List: current-users
Date: 12/14/2007 17:07:34
Hi,

In message <20071214.155505.74756583.kimoto@ohnolab.org>
	on Fri, 14 Dec 2007 15:55:05 +0900 (JST),
	Masahiko KIMOTO <kimoto@ohnolab.org> wrote:
> I've updated to current (4.99.42) after jmcneill-pm is merged.
> Almost okay including suspend/resume.
> # some devices needed to add pmf_device_register().
>
> But when I do 'zzz' in terminal on X Window, X server has fallen
> down after resuming, and xdm's come up again.
Dose your kernel is latest one?  I think that yesterday's change may
help your situation.

	Module Name:	src
	Committed By:	joerg
	Date:		Thu Dec 13 15:14:48 UTC 2007

	Modified Files:
		src/sys/dev/wscons: wsdisplay.c wsdisplayvar.h

	Log Message:
	Switch to console on suspend and shutdown, switch back to where the
	system was before on resume. This is the second attempt and got more
	complicated due to the async nature of VT_ACTIVE. After the initial
	switch, check that we ended up on the first screen and if not, wait for
	the switch to happen.

Best regards.

--
Takahiro Kambe <taca@back-street.net>