Subject: Re: acpi overheating
To: Juan RP <juan@xtrarom.org>
From: Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 12/13/2007 13:53:00
On Thu, Dec 13, 2007 at 02:43:15PM +0100, Juan RP wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 12:56:51 +0000
> Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk> wrote:
>
> > Yes. Now envstat tells me 26 degC, so the value does change. The laptop
> > is too hot to hold, so this is too low. BTW this laptop has happily been
> > tracking current for 2 years, so it isn't a special hardware case...
>
> Are you still seeing those _A[01..] errors?

A clue!

Yes, I still have the _A errors, but I had them back in 3.99.15 days, the
difference is that 3.99.15 has:

acpitz0: unable to get polling interval; using default of 30.0s

whereas 4.99.42 doesn't.

I have now left the laptop on for 1.5h, and it reads 59 degC, which
is much better, so it seems that there eventually is reading but
after too long a time.

Cheers,

Patrick