Subject: acpi overheating
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 12/12/2007 17:49:43
It seems that new acpi/powermanagement is not reading temperature
properly anymore.

After a serious compile, this laptop is too hot for a lap, yet envstat
reads
[acpitz0]
     temperature:     24.000 degC
atactl wd0 smart status reads 37.

End result is that if I run the CPU at full speed, the laptop now overheats.

acpitz0 at acpi0 (THRM):acpitz0: failed to evaluate _AC0: AE_NOT_FOUND
acpitz0: failed to evaluate _AC1: AE_NOT_FOUND
acpitz0: failed to evaluate _AC2: AE_NOT_FOUND
acpitz0: failed to evaluate _AC3: AE_NOT_FOUND
acpitz0: failed to evaluate _AC4: AE_NOT_FOUND
acpitz0: failed to evaluate _AC5: AE_NOT_FOUND
acpitz0: failed to evaluate _AC6: AE_NOT_FOUND
acpitz0: failed to evaluate _AC7: AE_NOT_FOUND
acpitz0: failed to evaluate _AC8: AE_NOT_FOUND
acpitz0: failed to evaluate _AC9: AE_NOT_FOUND
acpitz0: failed to evaluate _HOT: AE_NOT_FOUND
acpitz0: failed to evaluate _PSV: AE_NOT_FOUND
acpitz0: failed to evaluate _TC1: AE_NOT_FOUND
acpitz0: failed to evaluate _TC2: AE_NOT_FOUND
 critical 114.0C, passive cooling

but that looks essentially the same as an old 3.99.15 dmesg, so I'm not
sure where to look - any ideas?

Cheers,

Patrick