Subject: Re: Odd dmesg log messages
To: Takahiro Kambe <taca@back-street.net>
From: Sarton O'Brien <bsd-xen@roguewrt.org>
List: current-users
Date: 12/06/2007 16:40:57
Takahiro Kambe wrote:
> In message <4756018A.6000402@roguewrt.org>
> 	on Wed, 05 Dec 2007 12:40:26 +1100,
> 	"Sarton O'Brien" <bsd-xen@roguewrt.org> wrote:
>> I think you're after 'bootdev=' as a kernel parameter.
>>
>> Well that's what I use.
> Thanks.
>
> How can I specify it?

If you're not using grub then I believe a facility has been created for
configuring boot parameters within a 'boot.cfg' file ... but alas, I
have no more information that that :(

It was discussed recently on this list but I can't seem to narrow my
search terms down to locate it. Is it just me or would an isolated
search within each individual mailling list be useful?

I'd imagine there is an alternative, possibly within the kernel config
but like I said, stag with no eyes (no idea) ;)

I never used to like grub but it has made my life increasingly easier
when having to continually modify boot related facilities.

Just in-case you are using grub, I imagine it would be:

kernel /netbsd console=tty0 bootdev=raid0

Or similar.

Sarton