Subject: Re: Odd dmesg log messages
To: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@lothlorien.nfbcal.org>
From: Sarton O'Brien <bsd-xen@roguewrt.org>
List: current-users
Date: 12/05/2007 12:06:52
Brian Buhrow wrote:
> 	This message just means the system found two bootable drives when it
> was searching for root devices.  Or, rather, it found two drives with
> potential root partitions.  I've seen it on machines I've booted where I
> have a broken raid1 mirror, and I'm using the second broken piece as a
> root drive while I fix things up.
> -Brian

That's strange as I have always, at least in testing, booted from raid0
no matter which drive is stated as failed, it's just lacking from the
drive detection phase and replaced with an id rather than a drive
assignment.

I've never seen the warning stated in this thread. TBH I've never seen a
confusing message from raidframe to date.

I'd be worried that due to the lack of detection, auto-configuration and
booting from wd0, that the disks may not syncing as you would expect.

I've neglected to mention I am using grub but I can't see where this
would change anything except for maybe the patchy disklabels I use to
coherce grub to boot xen.

Sarton