Subject: Re: Odd dmesg log messages
To: Sarton O'Brien <bsd-xen@roguewrt.org>
From: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@lothlorien.nfbcal.org>
List: current-users
Date: 12/04/2007 20:07:34
	You're correct if you're still using a raid0a root device.  However,
if something has gone terriblywrong, and you need to revert to a raw wd1a
root device, then you'll see this message.  My guess is that Michael had a
raid1 miror as his root drive, and then, for some reason, he stopped using
raid0a as his root device, and started using the wd1a device directly.
However, his wd0a device was still there, so the kernel found both devices
could be usable as root filesystems.  In any case, it's a message I
wouldn't worry about if I'm working on a machine and it's in transition,
i.e. I'm reconfiguring it or building a new raid set, or something like
that.  Only if I saw the message when I was ready to begin production
testing would I really try to investigate what was going on.  So far, that
strategy has worked well, as once I've finished building a machine and
getting all the drives partitioned and formatted the way I want, the
message is always gone.
-Brian