Subject: Re: use-after-free bug in acpi_ec.c?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Alan Barrett <apb@cequrux.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/03/2007 09:13:45
On Mon, 03 Dec 2007, Tobias Nygren wrote:
> Lately my laptop has been panicing during bootup. The problem appears
> to be located in acpi_ec.c.

I have seen a crash during boot that might have been the same thing;
I didn't make notes so can't be sure.  The crash didn't happen with
an i386 GENERIC or GENRIC.MP kernel, but did happen with a custom
kernel.  Another custom kernel, built from the jmcneill-pm branch but
with exactly the same kernel config file, did not crash.  If I boot the
crashy kernel with "boot -c"/"disable acpi" then it doean't crash.

--apb (Alan Barrett)