Subject: Re: Weird problem with gdb on -current/i386: where did my breakpoint
To: Andrew Doran <ad@netbsd.org>
From: Stephan Thesing <thesing@gmx.de>
List: current-users
Date: 12/02/2007 19:44:00
Hello,

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 16:02:47 +0000
> Von: Andrew Doran <ad@netbsd.org>
> An: Stephan Thesing <thesing@gmx.de>
> CC: current-users@NetBSD.org
> Betreff: Re: Weird problem with gdb on -current/i386: where did my breakpoint go?

> On Sun, Dec 02, 2007 at 04:16:48PM +0100, Stephan Thesing wrote:
>
> > I have a strange problem with gdb under i386: It doesn't honor any
> breakpoints set while debugging.
>
> Works for me:

Ha.  Interesting.

> What machine are you running on?

i386 with -current as of yesterday.

I rebuild gnu/usr.bin/gdb6 (cleandir, dependall, install) just to be
sure it's not any leftover file.  Doesn't work.  Debugging doesn't work as ordinary user or root.

Well, I will clean out the object files and rebuild again to see if that
helps.

Thanks for the info!

Best regards....
   Stephan