Subject: Re: Huawei E220 support?
To: Dieter Baron <dillo@danbala.tuwien.ac.at>
From: Marco Trillo <marcotrillo@gmail.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/30/2007 19:49:55
Hi,

On 11/30/07, Dieter Baron <dillo@danbala.tuwien.ac.at> wrote:
> hi,
>
> > > when I try to start ppp, the modem hangs up:
> > >
> > > $ pppd call yesss nodetach
> > > Serial connection established.
> > > Using interface ppp0
> > > Connect: ppp0 <--> /dev/ttyU0
> > > Modem hangup
> > > Connection terminated.
> >
> > This was the same problem I got. It was a bad pppd configuration; but
> > thanks to the settings Michael van Elst posted earlier in this thread
> > now it works fine:
> >
> > <http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2007/11/17/0003.html>
>
>   Indeed, thanks, that worked.  Hooray!
>

>   Do you also have the problem that you have to plug the device in
> multiple times to get it configured as modem?

I do; but I only have to plug it two times (keeping the 'assistant
power' is always connected). The first time triggers the  'Could not
find interrupt in' error, the second time works.

Maybe this can be fixed by making ubsa(4) issue the non-standard
request to switch device mode that the Linux hack does; but I haven't
tried it yet.

Greetings,
Marco