Subject: Re: Call for testers: power management branch
To: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.ca>
From: Kevin Lahey <kml@patheticgeek.net>
List: current-users
Date: 11/26/2007 22:12:10
On Fri, 3 Aug 2007 18:34:12 -0400 (EDT)
"Jared D. McNeill" <jmcneill@invisible.ca> wrote:

> As some of you may know, I've spent the past few weeks plugging away at
> our power management support code. I'm now at the point where I need help
> with testing various hardware combinations.

I just tried pulled the latest version of jmcneill-pm from CVS and
fired it up on my T61, and I sure appreciate the working X11!
Unfortunately, I'm having some power management issues, either because
I'm doing something stupid (likely enough), or the mii code isn't
hooked yet. When I type 'apm -z -d', I get:

   acpi0: entering state 3
   Devices without suspend/resume support: igphy0
   acpi0: aborting suspend

Any suggestions (besides writing the relevant mii code and sending
y'all patches :-))?

Thanks!

Kevin
kml@patheticgeek.net