Subject: Re: boot -c hangs and seeking live CD
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: current-users
Date: 11/20/2007 18:00:50
> > My main system died. It was running NetBSD/i386 HEAD from around
> > September.
> >
> > I tried booting the 2.5 disk on an amd64 system and the keyboard didn't
> > work. (Known problem with open PRs.) So I tried to boot with "boot -c" so
> > I could "disable ohci" which has been my fix in the past.
> >
> > But "boot -c" just hung.
> >
> > Anyone seen that?
>
> The disk you are using has an i386 installation? and were you using vesafb?

Yes, it is i386. And yes it has vesafb. (I have been using it for over a
year fine on the i386 system.) This i386 disk appeared to boot fine on the
amd64 system but I couldn't type at the Unix login prompt. So I
powercycled and I tried to do "boot -c" at the loader, but that did
nothing (it appeared to hang). I tried a few times.