Subject: Re: unable to dump kernel core
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Antti Kantee <pooka@cs.hut.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 11/12/2007 18:04:28
On Sun Nov 11 2007 at 22:21:56 +0100, Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 11, 2007 at 10:10:28PM +0200, Antti Kantee wrote:
> > savecore: kvm_read: invalid translation (invalid PTE)
>
> Do you use the LARGE_PAGES option?

No.  config -x /netbsd should display that even if it gets included from
somewhere, right?

> > savecore: kvm_read: invalid translation (invalid PTE) (and _time_seconf is not defined also)
>
> This is a typo and you mean "time_second", right? Can you check with nm
> wether it is defined in /netbsd?

Yes, the symbol time_second is present.  However, the actual print says
_time_seconf (a tyop in savecore.c, fixed).

> I think everything else are secondary effects libkvm being unable to map
> some VA<->PA.

Looks like s/else //

--
Antti Kantee <pooka@iki.fi>                     Of course he runs NetBSD