Subject: Re: interest in Coherent Remote File System (CRFS)?
To: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofygoof.com>
From: Blair Sadewitz <bjs@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 10/31/2007 16:46:25
On Oct 31, 2007 1:54 PM, Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofygoof.com> wrote:
> from http://linux.conf.au/programme/detail?TalkID=247 :
> \
> CRFS is a culmination of a bunch of ideas that Zach Brown
> <zab@zabbo.net> got while working on Lustre, OCFS2, and a few other
> filesystem prototype projects.  he's interested in getting
> other-than-linux client implementations going, (the server-end is
> completely user-space,) and asked me to poke the NetBSD community for
> interest.

Sounds interesting, although I'm pretty busy myself right now, so I
dont know if I can
do much with it.  I was planning on updating arla to 0.90 (even though
I dont use AFS, heh).
Perhaps I'll look into the server for this instead.  There are many
filesystems out there that I find
interesting.  Recently, I came upon a nice-looking implementation of a
log-structured filesystem.
In particular, it has AFAIK solid support for *continuous*
snapshotting.  After all, that's
one of the big advantages of LFS. ;)

--Blair