Subject: Re: CVS commit: src/libexec/httpd
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: George Georgalis <george@galis.org>
List: current-users
Date: 10/17/2007 15:24:35
On Wed, Oct 17, 2007 at 05:32:32AM +0000, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
>On Wed, Oct 17, 2007 at 05:27:12AM +0000, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
>>
>> We could remove ftp and ftpd, too, since though the maintainer of the
>> version we wrote did the work for inclusion in NetBSD, those programs in
>> their autoconffed clothes are also available in pkgsrc.  Should we?
>
>Argh!  The version we _use_ (the version Luke wrote).  Of course, needless
>to say, Luke is one of us.  :-)

ftp is pretty essential to my cdrom bootstrap. After
a basic install, I do dhclient then use ftp to get
scripts to execute. please don't take away ftp. I've
used ftpd on occasion but have no reason not to see
it move it to pkgsrc.

Normally I'm all for removing extra programs from
base. But, I don't use pam/ssh and without ftp, not
sure how I'd get rsa keys setup for access.

on the other hand, adding static ksh, find, grep and
vi (or all of /rescue) to the cdrom iso would be
handy...

// George

--
George Georgalis, information system scientist <IXOYE><