Subject: Re: ntpdate hangs on 4.99.33
To: Michael <macallan1888@gmail.com>
From: Erik Bertelsen <bertelsen.erik@gmail.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/16/2007 09:01:22
2007/10/16, Michael <macallan1888@gmail.com>:

> Can you reproduce the hang by setting the real time clock using
> something else than ntpdate?

Yups: issuing just the command

    date 200710160710

also makes it hang solidly.

> > And the ADB keyboard (which I normally only use to reset the machine)
> > does act funny: it seems to be locked in CAPS LOCK state.
>
> Hit caps lock a few times, I've seen that on my G3 as well. That's a
> bug in the akbd driver's state machine - CUDA apparently sends a caps
> lock up event as first thing after we probe the ADB bus which the
> keyboard driver misinterprets as caps lock on. Things like that
> prompted me to write the new ADB subsystem, as a side effect you'd
> also get working audio on that kind of hardware.

Actually I did hit caps lock several times, but it stayed in caps lock state,
however this is a minor issue for me right now.

Anyway it seems that you got closer to the problem by removing the focus
from ntp(date) and to just setting the real time clock.

- Erik