Subject: Re: ichlpcib instability?
To: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@coyotepoint.com>
From: Arnaud Lacombe <lacombar@gmail.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/13/2007 12:15:31
Hi,

On Fri, Oct 12, 2007 at 02:44:16PM -0400, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
> In the past there have been several reports of severe system
> instability that went away if the ichlpcib driver was disabled.
>
> Has anyone had this problem with a recent (last 6 months or so)
> NetBSD-current kernel?

I use ichlpcib(4) on my laptop to get speedstep working, kernel is from
June 26 (4.99.21), no real problem seen, just a nasty vnode panic if I
shut it down using ACPI. Note that this is a custom kernel
configuration, not GENERIC-LAPTOP.

I plan to upgrade this machine in a week or so, I'll keep you informed
if I notice any change.

 - Arnaud