Subject: Re: tooldir.NetBSD-4.99.31-i386/bin/nbconfig: not found
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Kenneth Freidank <kennethcf@earthlink.net>
List: current-users
Date: 10/11/2007 21:37:09
On Thu, Oct 11, 2007, 15:32:50 Alan Barrett wrote:
 > You are supposed to tell it, via the "-T" option. If you don't do so,
it guesses.

I thought "build.sh" would always use defaults if you did not specify.
I did not specify the tools directory when I built the release, so
"build.sh" created a default dir.  I did not specify a tools dir when
building my kernel (kernel=T5048), so I assumed "build.sh" would use the
default, but apparently that did not work.

To keep from tripping myself during further OS builds, I will always
specify a tools directory..
    - OR -
...write down the tools dir created by the first execution of tools,
build, distribution, or release, and then specify that directory in all
subsequent builds.

Does anyone know if a similar situation exists with either the "obj"
(i.e. -O option) or "destdir" (i.e. -D option) directories?  Must I
always specify them as well in some build.sh commands?