Subject: Re: Less than 50% battery life wrt Win
To: C. K. <ck74@operamail.com>
From: Chavdar Ivanov <ci4ic4@gmail.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/09/2007 23:53:32
On 05/10/2007, C. K. <ck74@operamail.com> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Because i was busy with graphic card, software installation issues, i hav=
ent
> noticed untill today that battery life of new notebook is incredibly low.
>
> It has core duo processor. Battery life with MS Win is about 2 hours 45 m=
ins
> while it is about 1h 20 mins with netbsd 4.99.31

I also have worse battery life under NetBSD (4.99.28 for the last few
months). I tried 4.99.31 some days ago and was almost frightened - my
laptop got extremely hot... I believe there was some chat on one of
these lists about it.

Right now I am running 4.99.32 from half an hour ago and the laptop is
almost cool, so the latest env improvements apparently have trickled
in, or so I hope...

> This is really bad, so i believe there is problem somewhere. APM shows th=
ere
> are two batteries.
>

> Is there anything i can do, to have longer battery life when AC is not
> plugged in?

I don't know how much this will help in practice, but I have

/sbin/sysctl -w machdep.est.frequency.target=3D1000

in the "released)" case in /etc/powerd/scripts/acadapter script.