Subject: Re: Changing proc.curproc.rlimit.datasize.soft silently fails under NetBSD-3.x, bug or feature?
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@lothlorien.nfbcal.org>
List: current-users
Date: 10/04/2007 11:16:45
	Hello Jeremy.  Yes, I have  proc.curproc.rlimit.datasize.soft
in my /etc/sysctl.conf file.
What tipped me off to this problem was that I set the variable in the
config file, and rebooted.  Yet, the value didn't change.  My understanding
is that if I update the sysctl variable, it won't affect my current shell, but
new shells should pick it up, right?  At the very least,  sysctl -a should
show the change.
	I have other variables set in the sysctl.conf file, which are set, so
I know the startup scripts are runing properly.
-thanks
-Brian