Subject: Re: i386/amd64 MP system needed
To: Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg@britannica.bec.de>
From: Blair Sadewitz <blair.sadewitz@gmail.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/01/2007 20:17:22
Just a thought:

There is probably some motherboard manufacturer out there (quite
possibly Taiwanese) which could either loan or donate hardware to the
NetBSD project.  I was going to offer you the Intel D101xxx (I forget
the arbitrary letters) desktop motherboard with RAM and P4 (recent
EMT64 revision) CPU, but I fear that it's too
proprietary/idiosyncratic/broken to be of use as an ACPI reference
platform.  I'm also in the US, but should all else fail, my offer
stands if you want it.  I cannot afford to pay the shipping, though.

Anyone have any suggestions on how I might best approach
manufacturers?  I have no problem putting in a little time sending
emails to various manufacturers (or perhaps system integrators, etc.)
for this purpose.

--Blair