Subject: Some change in -current makes asterisk stutter?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Martin J. Laubach <mjl@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 09/30/2007 11:45:47
  Does anyone know of a change in -current that would match the
following symptom:

  I upgraded kernel and userland to a recent snapshot yesterday
and since, asterisk generates (ie. plays them over a SIP channel)
stuttering sounds when executing certain actions.

  It sounds as if it plays a full frame but only fills half of
it, so the audio sounds choppy at a rate of about 1/5 sec. It
sounds as if every other 1/10th second frame is replaced by
silence. This does not happen under all circumstances, only
when executing the PlayTones command or playing background music.
The rest of the audio is, strangely enough, all right.

  I recompiled asterisk but to no avail.

  Does that ring a bell? Any change in an area that might have
something to do with that?

  Cheers,

	mjl