Subject: Re: VT refresh on amd64--still broken with busfunc.S v1.2
To: Blair Sadewitz <blair.sadewitz@gmail.com>
From: Nicolas Joly <njoly@pasteur.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 09/29/2007 22:00:36
On Sat, Sep 29, 2007 at 03:09:49PM -0400, Blair Sadewitz wrote:
> When are you getting the hard lockups?  I recently noticed some kind
> of [what I believe to be] resource starvation (which I haven't seen
> before while using FFS) during filesystem access where the HDD LED
> stays on indefintely.

During kernel boot ... Due to instabilities problems, i removed all
local sources changes and custom kernel config. Yesterday, i started
to re-add all my devices. But with spdmem(4), my machine rocks solid
when starting sshd (???) I then need to unplug the power cable to get
it back, even reset or power button are useless.

For now, i reproduce it the following config:

include	 "arch/amd64/conf/GENERIC"
options	 MULTIPROCESSOR
options	 DIAGNOSTIC
options	 LOCKDEBUG
iic*	 at amdpm?
spdmem*	 at iic? addr 0x50
[...]
spdmem*  at iic? addr 0x57

> Thanks for confirming you have this problem too, as now I know it's
> not my hardware, at least.
>
> Are you using busfunc.S v1.2?

Yes.

--