Subject: Re: patch for if_bge.c
To: Andreas Wrede <andreas@planix.com>
From: Sarton O'Brien <bsd-xen@roguewrt.org>
List: current-users
Date: 09/27/2007 10:07:37
On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 07:43:37 am Andreas Wrede wrote:
> SAITOH Masanobu wrote:
> >  I made a patch to fix "block failed to stop" problem and/or
> > "RX CPU self-diagnostics failed!" problem on bge(4).
>
> Are you aware of
> http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=36022 ?

Does this apply to current? The pr states 4.0_BETA2. I believe some patches
went in a while back (like a month or so ago) but I doubt there has been a
pullup as not many people have reported back (not many bge 5xxx users).

> >  Please test and report to me especially if it got worse.
>
> makes no difference:
>
> bge0 at pci5 dev 9 function 0: Broadcom BCM5704C Dual Gigabit Ethernet
> bge0: interrupting at ioapic2 pin 0 (irq 11)
> bge0: firmware handshake timed out, val = 4b657654
> bge0: RX CPU self-diagnostics failed!
> bge0: chip initialization failed
> bge1 at pci5 dev 9 function 1: Broadcom BCM5704C Dual Gigabit Ethernet
> bge1: interrupting at ioapic2 pin 1 (irq 12)
> bge1: firmware handshake timed out, val = 4b657654
> bge1: RX CPU self-diagnostics failed!
> bge1: chip initialization failed
>
> ..which are the same messages as I got without the patch.

As the patch was posted to current ... maybe the author could shed some light
as to whether is applies here, to beta 2 or not?

Sarton