Subject: Re: LFS on multi-processor systems
To: Brian de Alwis <bsd@cs.ubc.ca>
From: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 09/21/2007 10:46:58
--dEhLd0jN5MocHkcT

On Thu, Sep 20, 2007 at 04:33:23PM -0700, Brian de Alwis wrote:
> BTW: Is there a way to cause writes to be transparently duplicated to
> multiple filesystems?  Something like mount_union, but that sends all
> writes to both file systems?  Then I could try running LFS in parallel
> with FFS with little(r) risk of data loss.

There will be several puffs/FUSE options for something like this,
among the clustering category, but none that are readily packaged now.

The cluster fs I'm most interested in (glusterfs) isn't quite there
yet, it needs more low-level fuse support in refuse (or to be ported
to puffs).

--
Dan.

--dEhLd0jN5MocHkcT