Subject: Re: dhcpd
To: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
From: Blair Sadewitz <blair.sadewitz@gmail.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/13/2007 14:32:05
I don't have free time right now, but if later on you haven't gotten
any feedback for other architecture's, I'll put i386 on a disk slice
and see what happens (I run amd64 primarily).

When this problem hit the tree, I was playing around with the amd64
assembly string functions, and thought that my modifications were what
broke dhclient, so this is a relief in a way, heh. ;)  I have also
seen a problem like this before (within the last 6-12 months, sorry I
can't be more specific).  Well, I'm not sure if the underlying cause
was the same, but the sympomology was: dhclient couldn't get the flags
for interface <bunchofgarbage>.  IIRC, it was a change to some if*
struct.  If I had the time right now, I'd look through the commit logs
to find it (I'm not sure if it was in dist/dhcp/common or not,
either).

Good luck,

--Blair