Subject: Re: libpthread, core dumps
To: Martijn van Buul <pino+gmane_os_netbsd_current@dohd.org>
From: Andrew Doran <ad@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 09/11/2007 12:32:36
On Tue, Sep 11, 2007 at 11:54:24AM +0200, Martijn van Buul wrote:

> knode: Error detected by libpthread: Destroying locked mutex.
> Detected by file "/usr/src/lib/libpthread/pthread_mutex2.c", line 145, function "pthread_mutex_destroy".
> See pthread(3) for information.
>
> Sources are from yesterday, around noon. pthread_mutex2.c is definately
> at rev 1.3

Can you try again with 1.5? I just fixed an issue with pthread_mutex_trylock.
None of the applications that you mention fail for me.

Sorry about the thread-related pain over the last 6 months or so. I'll be
publishing some benchmarks in the near future that show it has (hopefully)
been worth it.

Thanks,
Andrew