Subject: Re: libpthread, core dumps
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Martijn van Buul <pino@dohd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 09/11/2007 11:54:24
[I'm sorry if this shows up twice, I originally posted this through gmane,
 but they seem to be having serious issues right now]

* Andrew Doran:
>> assertion "mp->type == PTHREAD_MUTEX_NORMAL" failed: file
>> "pthread_mutex2.c", line 200, function "pthread__mutex_lock_slow"

[...]

> Should be fixed, can you try rev 1.3?

I'm still having a lot of issues on amd64:

* Firefox crashes and dumps core, backtrace isn't particulary helpful:

 #0  0x00007f7ff970aa60 in pthread_setcancelstate ()
    from /usr/lib/libpthread.so.0

* Konqueror itself starts fine, but the kioslave to handle http requests
  dies almost immediately. Can't find a core, but on stderr it mentions

kioslave: ####### CRASH ###### protocol = http pid = 25932 signal = 11
kdeinit: Error detected by libpthread: Destroying locked mutex.
Detected by file "/usr/src/lib/libpthread/pthread_mutex2.c", line 145, function "pthread_mutex_destroy".
See pthread(3) for information.

* pan dies once it tries to establish a connection, no useful core or
  debug output (But it started doing this at the same time firefox & konqueror
  started actingup, so it might be related)

* knode dies:

knode: Error detected by libpthread: Destroying locked mutex.
Detected by file "/usr/src/lib/libpthread/pthread_mutex2.c", line 145, function "pthread_mutex_destroy".
See pthread(3) for information.

Sources are from yesterday, around noon. pthread_mutex2.c is definately
at rev 1.3

On the other hand, other packages seem to work OK, even those that I know
make heavy use of pthreads.

--
Martijn van Buul - pino@dohd.org