Subject: wrstuden-fixsa test binaries
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Bill Stouder-Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 09/08/2007 00:43:07
--LQksG6bCIzRHxTLp

I've placed releases for i386 and amd64 of the wrstuden-fixsa branch at:

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/wrstuden/wrs-fixsa-rc1/release

These installs are based on NetBSD 4.0 RC1 with the fixsa changes.

Unfortunately the date in my machine was off, so the dates on the files=20
are around Aug 11. The releases really are RC1. While I could have re-run=
=20
the builds, I decdided to get the binaries out instead.

The main threading changes in this build are:

1) we no longer allocate memory while trying to sleep. A consequence of=20
this should be better kernel stability. Before, we could possibly miss an=
=20
interrupt or wakeup while sleeping, since we weren't yet sleeping on what=
=20
the calling routine thought we were sleeping on.

2) Threading fixes for gdb. Nick Hudson has been taking care of these.=20
They compile (and I hope work) on i386. There are compile issues on MIPS.

These changes need testing. I _think_ they are fine, but I only have a=20
limited set of test cases. I also hope I got the merge to RC1 right. :-)

Take care,

Bill

--LQksG6bCIzRHxTLp

--LQksG6bCIzRHxTLp--