Subject: Re: current instability
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 09/04/2007 14:30:46
[sorry lost in-reply-to]
On Wed, Aug 29, 2007 Patrick Welche wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 29, 2007 at 08:13:58AM -0400, Blair Sadewitz wrote:
> > Are you using LFS, by chance?  Could you build a DIAGNOSTIC/DEBUG
> > kernel (and LOCKDEBUG if it's multiprocessor) and see if you can get
> > any more information?
>
> I'm not using LFS. Here goes with adding diag/debug etc...
>
> > Have you run -current on this machine before 4.99.30 and found it to
> > be stable?
>
> It is still 4.99.29 (QUARTZ) #538 - all of a week old! OK - I'll update...
> To be honest, I thought I was running a diagnostic kernel, but was wrong..

Freeze again, this time with kernel of Sep 3 9:44 GMT. diagnostic/debug/
lockdebug defined, ddb.onpanic = 0, but no panic:
  responds to ping
  telnet gets connection refused (correct)
  ssh hangs after exchanging first packet - would it have to access
    filesystem thereafter?

Ho hum, still no clues..

Cheers,

Patrick