Subject: Re: X11 not building these days?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@seebs.net>
List: current-users
Date: 09/04/2007 00:53:39
In message <200709040531.l845V02L014198@vtn1.victoria.tc.ca>, John Nemeth write
s:
>     To build X with build.sh, you should be doing,
>"./build.sh ... -X <path to xsrc> ... -x ... distribution/release ..."
>If you run build.sh without any options, it will tell what the options
>are.  Also, BUILDING in the top level src directory explains how to
>build the system.

Hmm.

I can't find a single reference to X.org in any of this.  I assume
the presence of the xorg source tree implies that it's possible to
use it, and my mk.conf had "X11_TYPE=xorg" set, so I assume that worked
at some point.

Where should I look for documentation detailing the X11_TYPE options?
It's not mentioned by build.sh, it's not mentioned in mk.conf(5), and
I really just can't find any references to it.  I found a recent (August
23, 2007) blog entry about using the modular X.org server, which
referred to X11_TYPE... But I can't find any makefiles or scripts
which refer to it.

-s