Subject: Re: ypserv(8) stops working on 4.99.25 kernel
To: Christos Zoulas <christos@astron.com>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 08/27/2007 21:08:17
On Fri, Aug 17, 2007 at 08:22:08AM +0000, Christos Zoulas wrote:

> You should be able to reproduce the problem with a single machine.
> You just need to run ypinit, ypserv and ypbind. The ypbind will never
> bind. If you run ypbind with debug and you'll see what's going on.

Actually you need to run 'rpcbind -d' - having compiled in all the printfs.
Then you discover that the rpcbing code has always been broken!

And since it depended on the value of an uninitialied local variable,
some copies of the binary would work with a new kernel.

Fixed in /cvsroot/src/usr.sbin/rpcbind/rpcb_svc_com.c rev 1.13

I'll request a pullup for netbsd 4 so that it's userspace will run
with a current kernel.

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk