Subject: Re: SoC: Second ATF preview
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/21/2007 09:58:26
On Aug 20, 2007, at 9:35 PM, Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Following my "First ATF preview"[1] e-mail, I have uploaded[2] new
> snapshots of NetBSD-current with ATF[3] merged into it.  I have
> used the first public release of ATF, 0.1[4], for this build.  It
> has been released today to conclude the development of ATF as part
> of Summer of Code 2007.  All further code will be outside of the
> scope of SoC.
>
> As stated in the first preview: At the moment I have only uploaded
> releases for the machines I can try, but if you really want to use
> these on some other specific platform, drop me a note and I'll
> prepare a release build for it.

I now realize that it can be way easier for you to try atf because I
recently disabled the build of the libatf shared library (so you
don't need anything in specific paths).  Therefore, all the
executables in tests.tgz are self-contained and should work on any
NetBSD-current system.

So, install atf from pkgsrc (devel/atf), unpack the tests.tgz set
(which creates the /usr/tests) and you should be able to run all of
them.  I think this should work even in extracted out of / (e.g. in /
tmp/usr/tests).

Be aware that there are two sh(1)-related test failures.  These
already failed in regress/bin/sh, which just shows that we don't run
those tests periodically!

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>