Subject: Re: ypserv(8) stops working on 4.99.25 kernel
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Michael van Elst <mlelstv@serpens.de>
List: current-users
Date: 08/17/2007 08:02:17
On Thu, Aug 16, 2007 at 10:32:27PM +0100, David Laight wrote:

> Ok, I'm trying to get NIS working between 2 test systems (using old
> kernels which shouldn't be broken by my recent changes!).
>
> With 'ypserv -fl' running on system 'a', 'ypbind' on 'b' populates
> /var/yp/binding/<domain>.version.

> But 'ypcat user' just gives 'no such map user.name.  Reason: RPC failure'
> on both systems, and immediately.
> What haven't I done ?

I just did the same on netbsd-4.

# ypcat user
ypcat: no such map user.  Reason: RPC failure

# ypcat passwd | wc
      30      81    2014

Most interesting however is:

# ypwhich -m
ypwhich: clnt_call: localhost: netid.bynam: No such map in server's domain
ypwhich: clnt_call: localhost: protocols.bynam: No such map in server's domain
[...]

Apparently ypwhich -m is broken.

Greetings,
--