Subject: Re: build.sh tools broken
To: Alan Barrett <apb@cequrux.com>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@NetBSD.org>
List: current-users
Date: 08/15/2007 16:50:14
On Wed, Aug 15, 2007 at 05:33:19PM +0200, Alan Barrett wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Aug 2007, Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:
> > While trying to build the i386 toolchain under OS X today, I got the
> > error shown below.  I see that there are many source files that
> > include this "coretypns.h" file, but I don't see where it is supposed
> > to be generated nor I can find it in the source tree.  Any idea?
>
> I think you have a corrupted checkout.  The string "coretypns" does
> not apepar anywhere in my src/gnu/dist/gcc or src/tools tree, but
> "coretypes.h" appears many times.

Wow, you were right.  Trying an 'annotate' on those files properly shows
"coretypes", and redownloading them gets correct versions too.  The curious
thing is that dozens of files were affected, exactly with the same error.
Any idea about why?  I mean, was the server's fault (cvs.n.o) or the client
here?

I should have suspected something when the checkout of xsrc abruptly
ended mentioning a gzip error or something like that...

Oh, and by the way: sorry everyone, it seems that the original message was
delivered twice to the list.  I don't know why.

Thanks!

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@NetBSD.org>