Subject: Re: Do 16650 or 16950 UARTs work for anyone?
To: Quentin Garnier <cube@cubidou.net>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/11/2007 21:26:58
On Sun, Aug 12, 2007 at 01:31:17AM +0200, Quentin Garnier wrote:

> I have a number of console servers using a 8-port PCI card that uses an
> OX16PCI954:

Do these work if you build your kernel with options COM_16650?  With my
OX16PCI952, this appears to cause a flow-control deadlock -- possibly
because it thinks the FIFO is the wrong size, so, with autoflow on,
it never hits the CTS trigger point (that's all I can think of offhand;
the code looks generally correct and hasn't changed in a very long time).

I vaguely remember that last time I tested that option with a real 16650
it didn't work, either.  It definitely worked at one point -- about 10
years ago, I think.

Thor