Subject: Re: devpm success
To: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.ca>
From: Quentin Garnier <cube@cubidou.net>
List: current-users
Date: 08/09/2007 15:07:02
--KqBSqvdnnccM6+Kg

On Thu, Aug 09, 2007 at 08:57:29AM -0400, Jared D. McNeill wrote:
> On Thu, 9 Aug 2007, Quentin Garnier wrote:
> >Because wss(4) maps only the first two regions, probably because the
> >third is indeed supposed to be the SoundBlaster compatibility interface,
> >and that sharing irq 5 between the two is not an issue.  The latter
> >seems weird, though.
>=20
> Should we have wss_acpi map all regions? I would expect bad things to=20
> happen if we tried to drive both of those interfaces at the same time..

A bus_space_reserve of some such is long overdue;  my point is, we don't
want to actually *map* it, merely mark it as used.

This is true for a lot of other things in ACPI land.  E.g., we should
reserve regions for all devices, whether or not a driver attaches.  But
then, what we need is probably a resource manager, because a driver
might attach later.

--=20
"You could have made it, spitting out benchmarks
Owe it to yourself not to fail"
Amplifico, Spitting Out Benchmarks, Hometakes Vol. 2, 2005.

--KqBSqvdnnccM6+Kg

--KqBSqvdnnccM6+Kg--