Subject: Re: Call for testers: power management branch
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Jukka Salmi <j+nbsd@2007.salmi.ch>
List: current-users
Date: 08/05/2007 19:48:32
Jared D. McNeill --> current-users (2007-08-05 11:45:58 -0400):
> On Sun, 5 Aug 2007, Jukka Salmi wrote:
>>> Are you initiating resume with the power button?
>>
>> Yes.
>
> I have placed an updated kernel on ftp.netbsd.org that should fix this bug
> for you, can you test it?

Sure, thanks. Seems to work fine now:

>  3. Does suspend/resume work with this new kernel?

Yes!

>  4. If the system resumed, do any device drivers stop working?

No, at least I didn't notice... I checked ehci, wm, and audio@auich,
all of them still worked fine.

>  5. Any other quirks after resume?

audioplay(1) was running when suspending, and after resuming some mixer
settings changed (but they were not the default settings).

A mounted file system on sd@scsibus@umass@uhub@usb@ehci was still
mounted but unaccessible after resume until I unmounted, fscked and
mounted it. This is expected behaviour, isn't it?

BTW, some lines for ichlpcib0 are printed twice:

ichlpcib0 at pci0 dev 31 function 0
ichlpcib0: Intel 82801DB ISA Bridge (rev. 0x01)
ichlpcib0: generic device class power management enabled
ichlpcib0: supported states: D0 D3
ichlpcib0: TCO (watchdog) timer configured.
ichlpcib0: SpeedStep enabled
ichlpcib0: generic device class power management enabled
ichlpcib0: supported states: D0 D3
isa0 at ichlpcib0

Regards, Jukka

--