Subject: Re: ypserv(8) stops working on 4.99.25 kernel
To: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 07/30/2007 20:27:41
On Mon, Jul 30, 2007 at 09:29:46PM +0900, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
> david@l8s.co.uk wrote:
>
> > There is a PR against it, I suspect it got broken somewhere
> > in my changes to the socket code.
>
> Reverting this your commit
> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/source-changes/2007/06/24/0024.html
> and other related files makes ypserv(8) work again.
>
> > Unfortunately I don't run ypbind ...
>
> Could you *please* do it to debug your own code?

I tried, but I have NFI how to configure it, nor to verify
whether it is working.

The code difference will be something mindbogglingly trivial.
Unfortunately no one knows which function to look at...
The lack of ktrace calls for socket buffers doesn't actually help
much - I might look at a way of tracing those.

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk