Subject: Re: Any i2c driver for LM95221?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: None <khym@azeotrope.org>
List: current-users
Date: 07/22/2007 23:25:41
On Mon, Jul 16, 2007 at 03:14:15PM +0930, Brett Lymn wrote:
> Anyway, it appears that the cpu temperature monitoring is done by the
> "super i/o" chip on the board.  Try using the smsc device, this will
> give you the CPU temperatures + ambient, it seems to give me the right
> answers.

Ah, thanks! I just got around to building a kernel with smsc, and it
works for me too:

Temp-1:     46.000 degC
Temp-2:     47.000 degC
Temp-3:     43.000 degC
Temp-4:    128.000 degC
 Fan-1:       5443 RPM
 Fan-2:       2071 RPM
 Fan-3:         82 RPM
 Fan-4:       4141 RPM

The fan speed monitor looks right too: Fan-1 seems to be CPU2's fan, Fan-2
is the board's FAN2, and Fan-4 is CPU1's fan. The manual says that the SIO
cip also monitors the board's FAN3, so that should correspond to Fan-3. I
have a fan plugged into the board's FAN1 connector, and it's not showing
up; according to the manual, FAN1 and FAN4 are monitored by "CK804".
INet: khym@azeotrope.org |  they raise a paw / the bat, the cat /
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 31 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++