Subject: Re: Adding URLs to CVSWeb diffs for source changes
To: Stephen Borrill <netbsd@precedence.co.uk>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/19/2007 08:03:51
On Thu, 19 Jul 2007, Stephen Borrill wrote:

> I don't see why this necessitates a change to MIME and hybrid HTML/plain. The
> original suggestion was just to put the link in the email which I think is
> entirely sufficient. What other markup is necessary?

I agree.  Having the link(s) facilitates accessing the info without
excessive cluttering.  It also means that the earlier issue of
multi-file commits becomes much less of an issue, and the limits (or
thresholds) mentioned in the suggested solutions (eg, diffs only if
it's a single-file commit, diffs for up to 5 files, etc) could be
raised substantially.  Still, an import of a gcc update might still
make for a rather large E-mail!  :)