Subject: Re: current panic: lock error
To: Antti Kantee <pooka@cs.hut.fi>
From: Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 07/19/2007 14:55:19
On Thu, Jul 19, 2007 at 12:30:33AM +0300, Antti Kantee wrote:
> I still haven't been able to repeat this.  Could you post your extact
> file system configurations and what you exactly you are doing when the
> problem is triggered?

The laptop has
cpu0: "Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1.20GHz"   (ie not multiprocessor)
options         DIAGNOSTIC      # expensive kernel consistency checks
options         DEBUG           # expensive debugging checks/support
options         PCMCIACISDEBUG
options         PCMCIADEBUG
options         CBB_DEBUG
options         RBUS_DEBUG
options         LOCKDEBUG
options         ACPI_DEBUG
options         ATADEBUG
options         SOFTDEP         # FFS soft updates support.
#options        BUFQ_READPRIO
#options        BUFQ_PRIOCSCAN
among others..

/dev/wd0a               /       ffs     rw               1 1
/dev/wd0b               none    swap    sw               0 0
/dev/wd0e               /usr    ffs     rw               1 2
/dev/wd0f               /var    ffs     rw               1 2
/dev/wd0g               /home   ffs     rw               1 2
/dev/wd0h               /usr/src        ffs     rw               1 2
/dev/wd0i               /usr/obj        ffs     rw               1 2
/dev/wd0j               /destdir        ffs     rw               1 2

so ffsv1 everywhere, no softdep enabled, and it happens during a build.sh -j6.

Let me know what I can try, given that I can repeat it..

Cheers,

Patrick