Subject: Re: envsys framework won't let my system stay up!
To: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
From: Juan RP <juan@xtrarom.org>
List: current-users
Date: 07/17/2007 15:58:36
On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 09:48:23 -0400
Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com> wrote:

> I think this is the right fix for now.  I'd like to commit this now to
> spare others the same trouble - when do you think you'll have a proper
> fix?  A long-term fix seems hard because it requires integrating all
> batteries and the ac adaptor, and those events are already separated.
> So the logic to decide what to do needs to have state, or query the rest
> of the system.

I'm going to holidays starting in August, and this fix doesn't seem to
be too easy to implement. I'm starting to think that we'll have to use
a common framework to handle events in the kernel to notify the drivers
about what properties are available.

For now I've disabled the shutdown call in sensor_battery. I still have
to think how to fix these problems properly...

--
Juan Romero Pardines	- The NetBSD Project
http://plog.xtrarom.org	- NetBSD/pkgsrc news in Spanish