Subject: Re: Any i2c driver for LM95221?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 07/16/2007 15:14:15
On Sun, Jul 15, 2007 at 09:46:47PM -0500, khym@azeotrope.org wrote:
> Hi, I have a Tyan S2895 (Thunder K8WE) motherboard, and the
> recently-added nfsmb driver attaches. However, I don't know which
> i2c device (if any) is appropriate for this board. The manual
> <http://www.tyan.com/manuals/m_s2895_101.pdf> says:

I have a driver for the LM95221 but it did not appear to work
correctly - though I really need to try with the nforce4 smb driver
instead of the dodgy hack I did which may not have been working
correctly.

Anyway, it appears that the cpu temperature monitoring is done by the
"super i/o" chip on the board.  Try using the smsc device, this will
give you the CPU temperatures + ambient, it seems to give me the right
answers.

--
Brett Lymn