Subject: some puffs rototill (fyi)
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Antti Kantee <pooka@cs.hut.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 07/02/2007 02:11:35
Hi all,

I was going to make some backward incompatible changes to the
programming interface for a new feature, so I decided to flush a
couple other changes I'd been wanting to make.  Here's a short
summary of what changed.  In-tree file systems are up-to-date.

* puffs_cred is now totally opaque.  it was opaque in principle
  also before this, so any direct users were naughty anyway.
  as a side-effect, pcn_cred is now a pointer
* the pid_t parameter in some methods and puffs_cn has been replaced
  by puffs_cid (caller id ;).  method signatures need editing.
  use puffs_cid_getpid() to get the pid.  note that this no longer
  overloads the swapper pid for non-process contexts.
* instead of an array of random pointers passed to creation functions
  (lookup, create, mknod, mkdir, symlink, fhtovp), struct puffs_newinfo
  is now passed.  signatures need to be modified.  information on the
  new node can be set using puffs_newinfo_set{cookie,vtype,size,rdev}.

Yea, and as it turned out, I didn't need to introduce the incompatibility
for the change that sparked all of this .... ;)

--
Antti Kantee <pooka@iki.fi>                     Of course he runs NetBSD
http://www.iki.fi/pooka/                          http://www.NetBSD.org/