Subject: Re: netbsd-4 hackathon
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: David Maxwell <david@crlf.net>
List: current-users
Date: 05/31/2007 10:05:13
I guess I was one of the people there for the full duration. Some of the
discussions weren't really hackathon report material, but were to take
advantage of the face to face time that has been infrequent in the
project to date aside from localized developer clusters in e.g. NYC and
SFBA.

As such, those conversations will become apparent over time as the
suggestions and proposals get fed back into board@ and core@...

I started out resolving what turned out to be a trivial wpi(4) issue.
I'd been led to believe wpi didn't work on the Thinkpad T60, but it
does.

Then I dug into debugging a boot issue on a Wrap 2c board. With David
Young's help I got to a point of having working and non-working CF
images to compare. Haven't got back to doing the binary search on that
yet. The bad one dies in startprog.S. Allen passed along some good
debugging suggestions too.

Thor idly mused a request for a way to generate minimal rc scripts for
embedded use, and I need to clean up and commit my thought on that.

We did a PGP keysigning, (though I haven't done my signing yet) so
connectivity within the NetBSD WoT continues to improve.

I showed some details about the Coverity analysis for NetBSD related to
my day job, scan.coverity.com. Eric Haszlakiewicz contributed a good
insight while looking at the analysis.

As mentioned by someone else, Brooks Davis from FreeBSD core came to
visit and tolerated being peppered with questions ;-)

Thanks again to Tracy for the great facilities and dining!

Any sufficiently advanced Common Sense will seem like magic...
					      - me