Subject: Re: nsswitch and libnss_winbind
To: Luke Mewburn <lukem@netbsd.org>
From: Sarton O'Brien <bsd-xen@roguewrt.org>
List: current-users
Date: 05/29/2007 17:41:55
On Tue, 29 May 2007 05:26:46 pm Luke Mewburn wrote:
> On Tue, May 29, 2007 at 02:34:11PM +1000, Sarton O'Brien wrote:
>   | Just curious as to whether nsswitch supports winbind under NetBSD?
>   | I thought maybe the problems I experienced were those inline with those
>   | when configuring nss_ldap but to me it's looking like it's not
>   | supported.
>
> Try using the "samba" package from pkgsrc.
> That should provide an nss_winbind.so for NetBSD.
>
> (I haven't used that in a long time; it did work when I implemented
> this a few years ago.)

Sorry, I should have said that is what I have done.

I am at the point where everything is configured (wbinfo et al. report all OK)
but no matter where libnss_winbind is or linked, inserting winbind into
nsswitch.conf yield nothing.

I am using getent group for testing.

This is pkgsrc update midnight last night.

Sarton