Subject: Re: Instability in -current
To: None <ks@ub.uni-mainz.de>
From: Juan RP <juan@xtrarom.org>
List: current-users
Date: 05/21/2007 13:11:38
On Mon, 21 May 2007 12:56:30 +0200
Kurt Schreiner <ks@ub.uni-mainz.de> wrote:

> On Mon, May 21, 2007 at 04:21:42AM +0200, Juan RP wrote:
> > On Sun, 20 May 2007 22:18:09 -0400
> > Gary Duzan <gary@duzan.org> wrote:
> >
> > >    I tried the following, but it didn't seem to help. The easiest
> > > way I've found to crash X is to bring up a bunch of tabs in firefox,
> > > but parallel kernel builds are dying, too.
> >
> > I've been using the following patch since yamt-idlelwp was merged in.
> > With that patch it works rock solid (Frank Van Der Linden is still
> > trying to find the problem) so it's a temporary workaround:
> > [...]
> with this workaround the 'Error code 255' from "make -j<n> ...." seems
> to be gone, too...

The changes that were causing these problems were reverted, so it
should be stable as before.

> Compiling -current (cvs update'd some minutes ago) on my w2100z using
> "make -j4" seems to run smoothly again.
> (Until
> /u/NetBSD/src/gnu/dist/gdb6/gdb/amd64nbsd-nat.c: In function
> 'amd64nbsd_supply_pcb': /u/NetBSD/src/gnu/dist/gdb6/gdb/amd64nbsd-nat.c:101:
> error: 'struct switchframe' has no member named 'sf_rbp' is reached.)

Yeah... known problem, sf_rbp was removed from struct switchframe in frame.h
and the gdb code for target kvm uses it.

Frank what should we use now to fix gdb?

--
http://plog.xtrarom.org/
Juan RP's blog - NetBSD/pkgsrc news in Spanish